Tearing, embossing, sanding, spritzing, inking – how much more fun can paper get?!
I have followed the Core’dinations blog for a while now but had never any of their fantastic papers. Low and behold come my birthday in March there was a huge stack of Core’dinations paper in a box of goodies for me 🙂 I promptly had the papers open and disappeared to my craft room for the day. Needless to say I fell in love! I saw that Core’dinations were having a DT call and I just couldn’t resist trying out, even if its only for an excuse to play with the papers more.
You have to create 3 projects for the DT call. The problem I had with this was stopping at 3!! Right, lets get started….
Project 1 – Wall hanging
This wall hanging started off as a plain wooden pot stand from Ikea believe it or not. I painted it a pale blue and started embellishing. I die cut the word Live from brown Core’dinations and embossed it with a damask embossing folder. I sanded the high point of it to show the lighter core. I also die cut a bookplate and flourish from the same paper. I also cut a heart frame. All these items were embossed and sanded and adhered to the frame. I then created two envelope style photo mats. These are held closed with a ribbon. When opened they pop open to show photos of your choice….
Project 2 – Wooden letter
I picked up this solid wooden letter in TK Max (TJ Max). I painted it a aqua colour and then stamped it all over with a flourish stamp. I then die cut butterflies in two colours of Core’dinations papers and embossed and sanded them and then prettied them back up with some pearls.
Project 3 – Altered frame
I think all us crafters agree we hate wasting papers. We all tend to hoard those scraps, no matter how small they may be! For this project I used the negative left over from the Live die cut used on my first project. It was embossed and sanded and then matted in behind it with a gorgeous shade of blue Core’dinations card. I managed to not sand and emboss this piece 🙂 It was put into a frame that I painted a vivid blue then given the crackle paint treatment. I then embellished with some flourishes and butterflies that were also cut from scraps of card.